We have the perfect treat for your favorite Star Wars fan today with our Galactic Swirl Sugar Cookies. Happy Star Wars Day & May the 4th be with you!
Galactic Sugar Cookies
1 cup Butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Food coloring in various Star Wars Galactic colors
- Combine 1 cup butter, sugar and egg in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add orange juice and vanilla; mix well. Reduce speed to low; add flour and baking powder. Beat until well mixed.
- Portion dough into ball shapes for guests. And place into individual ziplock bags.
- Add 2-3 drops of food coloring to bag and seal shut.
- Smash dough into coloring until desired effect.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, to 1/8 to 1/4-inch thickness
- Pat out cookie into desired shape.
- Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies