In a lot of ways we are like any other kitchen; Monday rolls around and we take a look at what's left over in our fridge and wonder what on earth to make with what's left over.
Today is one of those days. I love looking at any meal time as a fun challenge to see how many things I cam create with what's on hand. Today we had some radishes and cavatappi pasta to use and my new favorite way to eat radishes is sauteed in a little olive. Cooking radishes helps bring out their sweetness. Here is my recipe for a Spring Pesto Pasta Salad with sauteed radishes and leeks. Enjoy.
Spring Pesto Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 Cups radishes, quartered
- 1/4 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Pkg. cavatappi pasta, cooked & cooled (Any favorite pasta will work for this)
- 1 Leek, sliced into 1/4 " rings (about 1 cup)
- 1 Can white beans, (cannellini bean or northern bean) rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. Basil Pesto Sauce
- 2-3 Sprigs Dill, minced
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, and chill while preparing the rest of the salad
2. In a medium pan, heat pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
3. Add quartered radishes to oil and season with salt and pepper. Sautee radishes until they start to caramelize around the edges.
4. Add in the leeks and stir to combine. continue to cook the leeks with the radish until the leeks are tender. About 2-3 minutes.
5. Toss cooked and cooled pasta with the pesto, radishes , leeks, rinsed and drained beans, and minced dill
6. garnish with dill
From the Way Cool Kitchen,
Bon Appétit -Mary Matthews